Students have been accepted onto a huge range of courses at some of the best universities in the UK. Courses chosen range from aeronautical engineering to dentistry to special effects make-up and students will be travelling far and wide to places like to Wales, Newcastle, Stirling and even Paris. This is made possible by the Academy because it continues to demonstrate strong provision for students in an impressive range of courses – with 39 of them securing 100% pass rate this year.
James Stirling achieved 3 A* grades in Maths, Physics and Chemistry plus an A Grade in Further Maths. He is off to Bath University to study Physics.
Josh Perfect is off to Newcastle University to study Dentistry after achieving 3 A grades in Biology, Chemistry and Sociology. He also achieved an A* in Extended Project Qualification.
Kerry Taylor is off to RADA (Royal Academy of Dance) to study Ballet Education. She achieved a triple distinction * in Performing Arts (Dance) and a C in Sociology.
Rhys Evans is off to Swansea University to study Aerospace Engineering. He achieved an A grade in Physics, a B in Maths, a C in Chemistry and an A* in Extended Project Qualification.
Curtis Kenneavy achieved an A* in Psychology, an A in Spanish and an A in Biology. He will go to UCL to study Languages.
Emily O’Regan is off to Southampton University to study English Literature. She achieved an A* grade in Sociology, an A in English Languages and a B in English Literature.
Chandler Builth and Ben Urquhart both achieved triple distinction * in BTEC Sports Studies. Chandler is off to Chichester University to study Sports Science and Coaching. Ben is off to Cardiff Metropolitan University to study Sports Performance Analysis.Claire Charlemagne, Principal said
“Our students are incredibly ambitious and we are ambitious for them. The number of students achieving the top grades has increased significantly and we are also delighted to see an increase in the average grade achieved across all courses, both academic and vocational. These exceptional results have been achieved in some of the most demanding subjects. Our students have been accepted onto a huge range of courses at some of the best universities in the UK. It is testament to the dedication of students, staff and parents and we are incredibly proud of them.”
Chris Quirk, Chair of Sandown Bay Academy Management Board said
“The hard work has certainly paid off and we are celebrating at Sandown today. You can see it in the outstanding results, but also through the range of aspirational courses and destinations the students have chosen. The Principal Claire Charlemagne is forging a new future for the school and we know we can achieve even more with our sixth form students in the future. It has certainly lived up to the Sandown Bay Academy motto ‘Strive, believe, achieve.”
Here are just a few examples of other exciting courses and universities students are off to:
· Wilney Tatters-Smith is off to Paris to study French Studies.
· Eleanor Strawson is off to study Education and Childhood at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge.
· Roxy Walters is off to study Medieval Studies and Philosophy at University of Wales.
· Dimarzio Rogers is off to Brunel University to study Electronic Engineering.
· Hayley Wheeler is off to study Hispanic Studies and Russian at Queen Mary University.
· Morgan Outlaw is off to Buckinghamshire University to study Creative writing for publication.
· Jack Lane is off to Chichester University to study Sports teaching and coaching.
· Tom Outlaw is off to study Computer Games Technology at Portsmouth University.
· Alice Lyons is off to study Biomedical Science at University of Lincoln.
· Charlie Mason is off to study Graphic Design at University of Greenwich.
· Matthew Pepperell is off to Plymouth University to study Mechanical Engineering.
· Rachel Joyce is off to Brighton University to study International Tourism Management.
· Tjana Jarvie is off to De Montfort University to study Media Production.
· Summer Wearn is off to study Dance at Surrey University.
· Sam Davis is off to study Sociology and Criminology at University of Sussex.
· Emily Knight is off to UWE in Bristol to study Geography.
· Daisy Blake is off to Imperial College London to study Theoretical Physics.
· Jack Fletcher is off to study History at Winchester University.
· Emily Gosden is off to study Psychology at Portsmouth University.
· Rose Flynn is off to Swansea University to study English Literature.
You can see more photos on our Facebook page - click here.