- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Sixth Form
- Open Evening
- How to apply
- Latest News
- Curriculum/Course Information
- Frank & Virginia Wood Trust Fund
- Our Facilities
- Progression to Higher Education, 2011/2012
- Sixth Form Bursary Fund
- Sixth Form Dress Code
- Sixth Form Handbooks
- Sixth Form Prospectus
- The Sixth Form Team
- Useful Links
- Year 9 Options
- Year 11
- Accelerated Reader
- Anti-Bullying Week (November 2012)
- Events for Students
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Internet Safety
- Lower School Council
- Student Voice
- Work Related Learning
- Year 8 Options
- Academy Uniform
- Term Dates
- Letters to parents
- Thank you for your feedback!
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Year 11
- Advice for parents & carers on the internet
- Events for Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Homework Expectations
- Pabulum Menus
- Pupil Premium
- School Day
- Torch Transition Programme
- Whole School Literacy and DEAR
- SBA Successes
- 2012 School Games
- All Island Mock Trial Competition Winners
- Daisy Faithfull meets the Queen
- Global Rock
- Guys and Dolls Performances
- Hampshire Interschool cycling competition
- Inspiring Excellence Programme
- Music Success
- National Indoor Rowing Championships
- Rowing Successes
- SBA dominate in U15 Rugby Match
- Sandown Bay goes Wild at the Bestival!
- Sandown Claim ‘The College Fitness Challenge Trophy 2012’
- Sandown Welcomes Chloe Rogers, Olympic Bronze Medallist
- Sixth Form Academy Awards Evening
- U12 Girls' Football IOW Champions
- U13 Girls' Cricket South West Regional Indoor Finals
- U16 Netball Hampshire and Isle of Wight Champions
- Winners! Best Musical, Island Amateur Theatre Awards
- Year 13 Performing Arts Students Light Up Blackgang Chine
- Yellow House Walk
- Contact Us
Academies Enterprise Trust
A Welcome from the CEO
Sandown Bay Academy is a key member of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), the operational arm of the Greensward Charitable Trust, which is a federation of academies created to provide thousands of students with the best possible education.
The AET aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. The AET believes that all young people deserve to become world class learners — to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment, with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up to date resources available to them.
The AET is committed to doing everything it can to ensure that young people are able to, in the future, compete on the world stage with the skills, confidence and flair to generate new ideas, new initiatives and thereby make a full contribution to tomorrow's world.
CEO, Academies Enterprise Trust
Principal, Greensward Academy
Mission Statement - “Our duty is to inspire young people to make their best better.”
Vision Statement - “To help students achieve world class learning outcomes by developing world class teachers in a world class community.”
Underpinning the AET vision is the commitment to the five key outcomes of the Every Child Matters agenda. At AET Academies, these will be based upon a set of Values and Beliefs. Through our actions and behaviours we will strive to develop young people who:
- respect themselves and the community, i.e. people, property, the environment, and seek to have a positive impact on society.
- are polite, calm, caring, honest, trustworthy and helpful.
- are responsible, independent and supportive of each other.
- are tolerant, open minded and not prejudiced.
- are determined and have a strong work ethic.
- will be thoughtful and compassionate with the ability to listen and challenge in a considerate fashion.
- have good communication skills.
- offer themselves as good role models for future generations of learners and citizens.
- can demonstrate strong self-belief and confidence and have high aspirations.
- are team players who can work and support others and where necessary are able to take leadership roles.
Quote of the Week
Be the change that you want to see in the world.