- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Sixth Form
- Open Evening
- How to apply
- Latest News
- Curriculum/Course Information
- Frank & Virginia Wood Trust Fund
- Our Facilities
- Progression to Higher Education, 2011/2012
- Sixth Form Bursary Fund
- Sixth Form Dress Code
- Sixth Form Handbooks
- Sixth Form Prospectus
- The Sixth Form Team
- Useful Links
- Year 9 Options
- Year 11
- Accelerated Reader
- Anti-Bullying Week (November 2012)
- Events for Students
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Internet Safety
- Lower School Council
- Student Voice
- Work Related Learning
- Year 8 Options
- Academy Uniform
- Term Dates
- Letters to parents
- Thank you for your feedback!
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Year 11
- Advice for parents & carers on the internet
- Events for Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Homework Expectations
- Pabulum Menus
- Pupil Premium
- School Day
- Torch Transition Programme
- Whole School Literacy and DEAR
- SBA Successes
- 2012 School Games
- All Island Mock Trial Competition Winners
- Daisy Faithfull meets the Queen
- Global Rock
- Guys and Dolls Performances
- Hampshire Interschool cycling competition
- Inspiring Excellence Programme
- Music Success
- National Indoor Rowing Championships
- Rowing Successes
- SBA dominate in U15 Rugby Match
- Sandown Bay goes Wild at the Bestival!
- Sandown Claim ‘The College Fitness Challenge Trophy 2012’
- Sandown Welcomes Chloe Rogers, Olympic Bronze Medallist
- Sixth Form Academy Awards Evening
- U12 Girls' Football IOW Champions
- U13 Girls' Cricket South West Regional Indoor Finals
- U16 Netball Hampshire and Isle of Wight Champions
- Winners! Best Musical, Island Amateur Theatre Awards
- Year 13 Performing Arts Students Light Up Blackgang Chine
- Yellow House Walk
- Contact Us
Accelerated Reader quizzing is beginning to take off with many students working hard to reach their targets before half-term, over 2500 vivos have been awarded to quiz takers since the beginning of term- remember you get more vivos for passing a quiz, in your ZPD, at 100%.
We also have our first Rocket Readers of the year- Molly Warboyes (yr8) and Taron Devoto-Baldry (yr7)- That’s more than 10 quizzes passed at 100%.
Who will be our first yr7 Cosmic Counter- reading more than a million words in AR quizzed books?
James Barry and Aisling Power are already past 400,000 words with Alex O’Brien almost getting his meteor on the moon (250,000 words).
Yr 8 and 9 readers need to check with the library staff- we can add on last year’s reading totals to move your meteor out into space. All AR readers and quizzers are contributing to the school word count which currently stands at 15, 796, 426 words read in AR quizzed books since Sept.- Well done and just keep reading.
Renaissance Place Home Connect:
This is now available for parents to share in their child’s reading,
Login to https:/Ukhosted18.renlearn.co.uk/2646794/HomeConnect and use your child’s unique Accelerated Reader username and password to look at the books they have read, quizzes that they have taken etc.
Year 7 parents will receive a letter detailing logon information, year 8/9 parents please contact the school if you do not know what login to use:
Word Total now stands at over 55,000,000 words read in AR quizzed books since Sept.
As a new incentive for those aiming towards reading a million words in the AR scheme, we have introduced interim stages.
We have currently have 44 students, mostly year 7, who have read over 250,000 words and we would like to invite them to add their meteor to the Cosmic Counter boards. Please come to the Main Library, North Library when open, or ask during your AR lesson, if your latest TOPS report shows more than 250,000 words read. Students will then be able to move their meteor towards the ‘We’ve read a million words’ Board.
Remember the words are only counted if the quiz is passed- some students have reached a million words in only 7 books, but the average number of quizzes taken to gain a million words is 20 books- The scheme is about reading, not about reading thick books…
Congratulations to William Samuel 7RHM who reached his million words on Tuesday from reading, and quizzing, 16 books.
Dean Salter 9RRG has just reached his million words (Cosmic Counter) and on the same quiz has achieved his Rocket0 10 100% quizzes.- Well done Dean
Further details from Miss Dixon.
Quote of the Week
Be the change that you want to see in the world.