- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Sixth Form
- Open Evening
- How to apply
- Latest News
- Curriculum/Course Information
- Frank & Virginia Wood Trust Fund
- Our Facilities
- Progression to Higher Education, 2011/2012
- Sixth Form Bursary Fund
- Sixth Form Dress Code
- Sixth Form Handbooks
- Sixth Form Prospectus
- The Sixth Form Team
- Useful Links
- Year 9 Options
- Year 11
- Accelerated Reader
- Anti-Bullying Week (November 2012)
- Events for Students
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Internet Safety
- Lower School Council
- Student Voice
- Work Related Learning
- Year 8 Options
- Academy Uniform
- Term Dates
- Letters to parents
- Thank you for your feedback!
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Year 11
- Advice for parents & carers on the internet
- Events for Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Homework Expectations
- Pabulum Menus
- Pupil Premium
- School Day
- Torch Transition Programme
- Whole School Literacy and DEAR
- SBA Successes
- 2012 School Games
- All Island Mock Trial Competition Winners
- Daisy Faithfull meets the Queen
- Global Rock
- Guys and Dolls Performances
- Hampshire Interschool cycling competition
- Inspiring Excellence Programme
- Music Success
- National Indoor Rowing Championships
- Rowing Successes
- SBA dominate in U15 Rugby Match
- Sandown Bay goes Wild at the Bestival!
- Sandown Claim ‘The College Fitness Challenge Trophy 2012’
- Sandown Welcomes Chloe Rogers, Olympic Bronze Medallist
- Sixth Form Academy Awards Evening
- U12 Girls' Football IOW Champions
- U13 Girls' Cricket South West Regional Indoor Finals
- U16 Netball Hampshire and Isle of Wight Champions
- Winners! Best Musical, Island Amateur Theatre Awards
- Year 13 Performing Arts Students Light Up Blackgang Chine
- Yellow House Walk
- Contact Us
Frank & Virginia Wood Trust Fund
Application Notes & Eligibility Criteria 2012/2013
About the Trust Fund
Thanks to funds being left in trust by Frank and Virginia Wood, grants can be applied for by students on roll at Sandown Bay Academy who will be attending a higher education course from September 2012.
The current trustees are:
Principal of Sandown Bay Academy
Two governors of Sandown Bay Academy
Head of Art Department at Sandown Bay Academy
Applications should be for a maximum of £1,000. This may not be the amount eventually awarded as it will depend on number of applications.
NB - This is a limited pot of funding and applications will be assessed individually by the Trustees. The Panel will be looking for those applications that are deemed most deserving.
Who can apply?
Students on roll at Sandown Bay Academy in Year 13 who will be attending Higher Education from September 2013.
Preference shall be given to students wishing to pursue courses in Arts and Crafts, including Foundation Art courses, but the Trustees shall have discretion to award the same to any students, whatever course they are to pursue.
What can it be used for?
The funds will be applied for the purpose of supplementing loans/grants, assisting with accommodation, books and equipment, travel and such related purposes as shall be approved by the Trustees at their discretion.
How and when do I get the funding?
1. To submit an application to be considered by the Frank and Virginia Wood Scholarship Trustees, you must complete an Application Form, which can be obtained from the Sixth Form Office or by emailing email@example.com or downloading from the school website.
2. ALL applications must be received by Jill Wareham, Sandown Bay Academy by 31st May 2012 at the latest
3. The Frank and Virginia Wood Scholarship Fund trustees will meet during June 2012 to assess the applications. It is anticipated that suitable candidates will be interviewed by the Trustees. The results of applications will be announced by 15th July 2012.
4. If your application is approved then an offer letter will be sent to you confirming the amount awarded.
5. The funds will normally be made available in September 2012 when attendance at your chosen Higher Education establishment is confirmed.
6. This is a limited grant and successful applicants will be chosen by the Trustees of the Charity.
Application Form click here
Application notes and eligibility criteria Click here
Quote of the Week
Be the change that you want to see in the world.