- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Sixth Form
- Open Evening
- How to apply
- Latest News
- Curriculum/Course Information
- Frank & Virginia Wood Trust Fund
- Our Facilities
- Progression to Higher Education, 2011/2012
- Sixth Form Bursary Fund
- Sixth Form Dress Code
- Sixth Form Handbooks
- Sixth Form Prospectus
- The Sixth Form Team
- Useful Links
- Year 9 Options
- Year 11
- Accelerated Reader
- Anti-Bullying Week (November 2012)
- Events for Students
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Internet Safety
- Lower School Council
- Student Voice
- Work Related Learning
- Year 8 Options
- Academy Uniform
- Term Dates
- Letters to parents
- Thank you for your feedback!
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Year 11
- Advice for parents & carers on the internet
- Events for Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Homework Expectations
- Pabulum Menus
- Pupil Premium
- School Day
- Torch Transition Programme
- Whole School Literacy and DEAR
- SBA Successes
- 2012 School Games
- All Island Mock Trial Competition Winners
- Daisy Faithfull meets the Queen
- Global Rock
- Guys and Dolls Performances
- Hampshire Interschool cycling competition
- Inspiring Excellence Programme
- Music Success
- National Indoor Rowing Championships
- Rowing Successes
- SBA dominate in U15 Rugby Match
- Sandown Bay goes Wild at the Bestival!
- Sandown Claim ‘The College Fitness Challenge Trophy 2012’
- Sandown Welcomes Chloe Rogers, Olympic Bronze Medallist
- Sixth Form Academy Awards Evening
- U12 Girls' Football IOW Champions
- U13 Girls' Cricket South West Regional Indoor Finals
- U16 Netball Hampshire and Isle of Wight Champions
- Winners! Best Musical, Island Amateur Theatre Awards
- Year 13 Performing Arts Students Light Up Blackgang Chine
- Yellow House Walk
- Contact Us
Work Related Learning
From September students in Years 10 are encouraged to come to the Work Experience Office in the Careers Room and ask for an application form.
Once this is completed by the student and their parent/carer and returned to Mrs Cass, students will be sent an appointment for an interview with Mrs Cass where they will discuss possible options and be given information.
Year 11 students can also, with permission from their Year Head, undertake work experience.
Sixth formers can ask for an application form and are then required to return it with an up to date CV and are asked to have researched employers within their area of interest.
All employers will have been visited and their insurance and a risk assessment obtained by Mrs Cass before the student is sent out.
Work experience entitlement is dependant upon satisfactory attendance, this includes absence through family annual holiday, school trips etc.
Any parent who would like to be involved as an employer in the work experience programme would be most welcome. Please contact Mrs Cass on her direct line for an informal chat. 01983 409113.
Employer, College & University Visits, Residentials & Summer Schools
When the opportunity arises for students to visit or take part in any of the above Mrs Cass will go to assemblies, send notes to tutors and target the relevant student groups with any information that the Careers Department receives.
Mrs Janet Cass, Work Related Learning Officer
Sandown Bay Academy
Isle of Wight
Telephone: 01983 409113
Fax: 01983 404948
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote of the Week
Be the change that you want to see in the world.